Friday 24 June 2011

Shitstorm dreadnaught, CCP, and communicating with your customers.

I've been a bit busy with work the past few days. Since Incarna basically, so I haven't been able to really get into the nitty gritty of the current drama ongoing with CCP.

Highlights that I have caught so far are the volte face on "power up" MT controversy and the Jita siege that is as far as I know still happening as I write. Nice way to show a bit of protest in the latter I guess.

The whole thing, and CCP in general sort of confuses me. I've played plenty of other MMOs and CCP is by far the worst communicator in recent years of the large corps. Their devblogs are a great idea, but half of them are only mildly more interesting than watching paint dry, a quarter are so full of techno babble as to be incomprehensible to all but the most interested of fellow coders and the others seem to be so poorly written and executed as to have me suspecting that they're actually the work of a professional troll and that the entire game is some kind of meta-level psych experiment to see just how far you can fuck something up before alienating your fans.

:ccp:

No comments:

Post a Comment